I loved mythology in college…I did! It was one of my favorite subjects. But I detest it in the JFK case. There are so many lies, falsehoods and disinformation, it makes it hard for a seasoned researcher to muddle through to find the truth, much less a new learner. As a primer for the new JFK researcher, here’s a short list of the TOP FIVE MYTHS in regards to the JFK assassination.
- There was no conspiracy! At the very least there was a conspiracy to lie to the world about the facts of 22 November 1963.[i]
- Lee Harvey Oswald was the only TSBD employee who left after the assassination. As a matter of evidence, Supervisor Roy Truly only mentioned Oswald’s absence. He failed to mention the absences of: Virgie Rachley, Charles Givens, Carolyn Arnold, Virginia Barnum, Jack Cason, Betty Dragoo, Gloria Holt, Stella Jacob, Danny Arce, Judy Johnson, Dolores Kounas, Sharon Nelson, Helen Palmer, Bonnie Ray Williams, Buell Wesley Frazier, Roberta Parker, Vida Whatley, Lloyd Viles. Granted, many weren’t supervised DIRECTLY by Truly, but they were all TSBD employees at the time.[ii]
- How did the authorities know were Oswald lived? The police list Oswald’s residence as 605 Elsbeth in the WC…Truly sends the DPD to 5th Street in Irving. Why did cops converge on 1026 Beckley? Who knew about Oswald’s Elsbeth address early on? How did the DPD know to go to the Beckley Rooming House?[iii]
- Lee Harvey Oswald is standing in the doorway of the TSBD as is posited by the Oswald is Innocent Campaign. If LHO was in the doorway, why didn’t he use that as an alibi? Buell Frazier says Lee Harvey Oswald was not there. Revered researcher and guest on James Fetzer’s radio show, Jones Harris, interviewed Billy Lovelady before his death and saw the shirt pictured in Altgens as well as getting Lovelady’s statement that he was in the doorway. A senior member of the OIC campaign states in her true book that LHO was firing warning shots from the Sixth Floor, but now contends he was on the steps. Roy Truly and Marrion Baker ran into LHO on the second floor. How can LHO be in all these places at the same time?[iv]
- The evidence all points to Lee Harvey Oswald as the Lone Assassin. Really? Then why did Jeremy Gunn, former general counsel for the ARRB and a man who had firsthand access to assassination documents released by the government after 1992 say: “There’s also rather important exculpatory evidence for Oswald, suggesting he didn’t do it, and that he was framed…there are serious problems with the forensics evidence, with the ballistic evidence, with the autopsy evidence.”[v]
Myths are for bedtime stories. Truth is for those who seek it!
[i] Nix Jackson, Gayle: Orville Nix: The Missing JFK Assassination Film, 2014.
[ii] Bridger, Mark: The Myth of the Depository Roll Call http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=118224&relPageId=46
[iv] Multiple sources
[v] Nix Jackson, Gayle: Orville Nix: The Missing JFK Assassination Film, 2014,